Friday, October 5, 2007

Flying happily ever after...


This past Wednesday was another Korean holiday…I’ve been told that the lunar calendar is quite good this year with more holidays than usual! So went flying again…to another site about 2 and ½ hours away from Seoul to Munkyeoung. Stopped by a rest area which was the most entertaining rest area I have ever seen packed with nice shops, restaurants and a batting cage.


As I’ve mentioned before, they recycle EVERYTHING!!! Garbage cans are clearly labeled and the whole rest area is very clean.


We arrive in one vehicle and our gear arrives in another.


The landing zone is already packed with pilots taking advantage of the day off and a break from the rainy day in Seoul only a couple hours away.


Each site I visit is more beautiful than the last one. The landscape breathtaking…and now I was seeing in person all the images I had seen on oriental wall scrolls and paintings with Chinese calligraphy and landscapes that adorned the walls of my house growing up.


On my second (out of 3)flight I was so overwhelmed by my emotions…I have been flying on and off for 5 years now…not as good as I should be…and usually spend more time making sure that I am doing everything correctly than really observing my surroundings…but it was during this flight…which was extremely mellow…and as I was just floating through the air…I realized that I was absolutely completely relaxed for the very first time…and found myself just looking left, right, up, down and behind me…not concerned with ‘flying’ if that makes any sense…just taking in the beautiful view before me. This was so important to me as I felt that I had definitely reached some kind of milestone in my flying career.


Everything from that height is just so peaceful… the land below me looked like a giant quilt…soft like a quilt too with all the gentle rolls and wrinkles…until you hit it that is…and I do like to spend more time with my head in the clouds than my feet on the hard ground…but eventually you have to come back to reality…come back to earth…


Fortunately I was greeted by the cutest little puppy!!! Couldn’t get enough him…he was so cute I just wanted to eat him up!!! Just kidding!!! : )

But instead…we went to the restaurant at the landing zone and had ‘kimchee jigae’ which is spicy cabbage stew and my absolute favorite!!!


At the end of the day…two ‘soon not to be solo’ pilots came flying into the landing zone…took off their gear and got married!!!

It was a good day…with a good hopefully happily ever after ending.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, Carol,

the landscapes in Korea look great. I am glad you're enjoying your time there.

Just keep it going.

Pozdrav od Kavadarci,
bobo

slave said...

Hi Carol,
The landscapes there looks almoust like Macedonia, ha,ha.
Finaly relax flying, YESS.
Maybe for the first time you do not have a teacher, or your roots doing theire job.
Have good wind
Pozdrav od Skopje
slave